What is Phishing Email or spoof email and how to avoid them
What is Phishing and spoof email
Phishing Emails are emails that look very similar to emails from your bank or other financial organizations such as PayPal, EBay etc. Even if they look similar and same logo and layout, they’re not comes from original organization !
Phishing Emails are designed to trick the recipient into entering personal financial information into a bogus or phishing website usually by clicking a link somewhere in the email message.
Many phishing email sender send with someone’s email address without their permissions Ex. you revised email from your bank account that says “change your password immediately someone tries to hack your account” & you click the link which is provided in that email.When you click on the link you might be going to wrong URL and enter your right email address and password because you never notice that thing and even never heard this type of scam can also be possible.The most dangerous thing is that not even that email address is looks same but also that website appearances also look 100% same as your bank’s website. You might be thing that how can that things is possible?then you should check here.
Why Phishing case is increasing?
- low awareness
- hacking tools are available easily so any developer can make phishing site & easily.
Check out why cyber crime is increasing now a days
How spoof email is work?
I already mansion spoof email function but I like to give little bit of technical know that how it actually works.When you send a letter through the post, you generally write a return address on the envelope so the recipient can identify the sender, and so the post office can return the mail to the sender in the event of a problem. But nothing prevents you from writing a different return address than your own; in fact, someone else could send a letter and put your return address on the envelope. Email works the same way and hackers are expert to do this types of things.
So how can you protect your self against that Phishing and spoof emails?we have several ways to check these emails:
How to get protection against phishing and spoof email
1. Stop spam emails:spam emails are email unwanted that comes from unknown persons.learn how to stop spam emails.
2.If the email is addressed to “Dear Customer” or “Dear PayPal Member” then you can be rest assured it’s fake. Any financial organization that already holds your details would have your name included in the email.
3. Check the spelling mistakes in the email because many of these phishing emails originate from other countries and they dosen’t have that much English writing expressions.
4. See original part of email
Open that email and click on show original. Then you find large window with code. If unfamiliar email address would be found in it that means it may be a spoof email.
5.Think before you click:If you enable to identify spoof email the we also have plan B! when you use popular browser such as Mozilla or Chrome they always show the destination point of the like by hove-rover it.This steps will mot only protecting against phishing site but also protect against enter on viruses or malwares.
6.Don’t forget to check URL bar when you entering privet information.you should notice two this
- Dose website has SSL certificate?because SSL not only gives the proof that the website is official and authentic but that also transfer your Data to web server securely by encryption technology. (you can check SSL by looking lock icon in the url bar check we have SSL & how it look like)
- Don’t forget to check website url in may case people forget this simple step and gives that username and password to facebook.net(we doesn’t say that facebook.net is phishing site or even we doesn’t check it we just giving you an example) instead of facebook.com during login
7.If hacker sends email to someone using your email address then you should talk with your email service provider